I love this simple and easy recipe (plus it’s gluten free and vegan!). I’m not usually the one in the kitchen, but every now and then I get the urge to make something. This recipe came to me while I was pregnant, and I wanted something easy and quick (those pregnancy munchies are no joke!). I was always on the lookout for foods with Iron (hence the Kale) and that day I felt like I needed something with extra minerals (hence the mushrooms!). See the recipe below and try it out! Let me know what you think!
Flat Rice Noodles (250g pack)
2 Tbsp Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
4/5 Medium Cloves of Garlic crushed
5 Medium to Large Baby Bella Mushrooms sliced
5 Leaves of Kale chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Boil the rice noodles as directed on the packaging. When the noodles are done, drizzle a bit of coconut oil on them and set aside. While noodles are boiling you can start on the Garlic Mushrooms and Kale.
- Put your 2 Tbsp of coconut oil and the crushed garlic in a skillet on medium heat.
- When you start to smell the garlic and just when it begins to turn golden brown add the mushrooms, salt and pepper and stir. Allow the mushrooms to soften.
- When the mushrooms are nice and soft (approx. 5 mins), add the kale and a dash more salt and pepper to your liking. Cover for a minute or two until the kale starts to wilt and then uncover and toss till the kale steams down. You can decide if you want the kale more on the raw side or fully cooked – Chef’s choice!
- Add the Rice Noodles to a bowl and the Garlic Mushrooms and Kale on top and enjoy!